Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I request for maintenance or report a problem relating to maintenance? A: Fill out the maintenance request form and drop it off at the clubhouse mailbox or call Neighborhood property management and report your resquest.

Q: I want to put shutters and place flowers outside my unit. A: You need to aks the board by filling out the Improvement Petmit Form. You cannot make any exteriour changes or alterations without an approved permit.

Q: I want to work in my unit and will be making noise. At what times am I allowed to perform work in my unit? A: After 10 a.m. on weekends and 9 a.m. on weekdays.

Q: Where can I get my car permit? A: You have to submit your survey by filling out the Survey Verification Form. You can leave it at the Clubhouse mailbox or you can send it to our property management office for processing.

Q: How much can a board fine a unit owner for a condominium rule violation?
A: If the declaration or bylaws so provide, the association may levy reasonable fines against a unit for the failure to comply with any provision of the association documents. No fine may exceed $100 per violation. However, a fine may be levied on the basis of each day of a continuing violation provided that no such fine shall in the aggregate exceed $1,000.
Condominium: Section 718.303(3), F.S.
Cooperative: Section 719.303(3), F.S.

Q: As a unit owner, why are my rights restricted as to the use of my individual unit and the common elements?
A: Restrictions on the use of both the individual unit and the common elements help to preserve the best interest of all unit owners. Your association documents should detail any restrictions such as types of window coverings, pets, leasing, parking and the number of unit occupants.
Condominium: Section 718.112(3)(b), F.S.
Cooperative: Section 719.106(2)(b), F.S.

Q: Does the board have the authority to set pool hours?
A: The entity responsible for the operation of the common elements, common areas, and recreational facilities may adopt reasonable rules and regulations pertaining to the use of such facilities.
Condominium: Section 718.123(1), F.S.
Cooperative: Section 719.109(1), F.S.

Q: Is my association required to hold regular meetings on a monthly basis?
A: Chapters 718 and 719, Florida Statutes, require every association to hold an annual meeting of the members and a member or board meeting to adopt the annual budget. There is no Chapter 718 or 719, Florida Statutes, requirement for regular or a required number of meetings of the unit owners or the board of directors. However, the documents of the association should be reviewed for any such requirements.

Condominium: Section 718.112(2)(d), F.S.
Cooperative: Section 719.106(1)(d), F.S.





Where can I get a copy of an ordinance or provision of the City of Hialeah Code?
The City of Hialeah Code Book is online. It is also available at the public library.

Can I file a criminal complaint with the City Attorney's Office?
No. The City Attorney's Office is not an investigative agency. Crimes must be reported to your local law enforcement agency, usually the Hialeah Police Department. Hialeah Police Department – Emergency 911 Hialeah Police Department – Non-emergency 305-687-2525

Can I file a code violation complaint against my neighbor with the City Attorney's Office?
No. You must report code violations to the Code Compliance Division. Code Compliance Division 305-883-5832

If you want to learn more about FL law, Hialeah Ordinances or any other topic relating to communities, click on the links below

City of Hialeah